Helpful Online Health Resources
Do you still have questions about your possible stroke risk factors and how to manage them? These resources can help you to learn more about this and many other health-related topics. You can also contact the experts at Good Samaritan Hospital of San Jose at (408) 559-2011 for more information.
- If you are unaware of your possible stroke risk factors, check out this helpful list from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke website.
- This article from the National Stroke Association lists both controllable and uncontrollable risk factors and what you can do to prevent a stroke .
- Knowing the warning signs of a stroke can help you to seek treatment fast. Learn the signs from the American Stroke Association website.
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is an important controllable risk factor for both stroke and heart disease. Read this article from PubMed Health for more information about high blood pressure .
- What is in breast milk that makes it so nutritious for a growing child? Find out on the American Pregnancy Association website.
- If you have recently had a baby, the experts at WomensHealth.gov can help you to learn more about the benefits of breastfeeding.
- You can also visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website to learn more about proper handling and storage of human breast milk.
- Breastfeeding is good for your baby’s health and for your own health. Read this article from HealthyChildren.org for more information.
- Premature labor does not necessarily mean that the baby will be born prematurely—read this article to learn more.
- Head injuries can lead to serious long-term health complications. Check out this article from MedlinePlus to learn more about head injuries and first aid procedures.