Are you looking to learn more about how to prepare for your child’s birth? You can read helpful information about this and our other recent blog topics by clicking through the links below.
- This article from The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists answers some frequently asked questions regarding the beginning of labor.
- Learn more about the different stages of labor and childbirth on the American Pregnancy Association website.
- WomensHealth.gov provides helpful information on breastfeeding on their website.
- Congenital heart defects can affect many parts of the heart’s structure. Read more about these birth defects from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website.
- This article from KidsHealth.org describes the functioning of a healthy heart and what happens when this vital organ is afflicted with a congenital heart defect .
- Certain risk factors can increase your chances of having a stroke. Read more about these factors from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- Learn more about the different types of stroke from the National Stroke Association .
- You can read more about the nurse-midwife philosophy of care from the American College of Nurse-Midwives website.
- This article from Parents.com provides some helpful advice for preparing a detailed birth plan .
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute describes atherosclerosis in more detail in this article.
If you have any additional questions, contact Good Samaritan Hospital at (408) 559-2011—we are happy to help you.